Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup
Winter is the season for hearty, wholesome meals that warm both the body and soul. When the temperatures drop and the days are short, we all crave comfort in a bowl. One of the most satisfying recipes to whip up on a chilly evening is a steaming pot of black bean soup. This recipe is not only easy and quick but also pairs well with the convenience of Quebracho's frozen empanadas.
Easy Meals for Busy Days
In the hustle and bustle of daily life, the need for easy meals that don't compromise on flavor or nutrition is greater than ever. This black bean soup recipe is a perfect solution for those days when you want a wholesome, homemade dinner without spending hours in the kitchen. With simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry, this dish comes together effortlessly in less than an hour.
What makes this black bean soup truly special is the simplicity of its ingredients. Black beans, corn, onions, celery, carrots, cumin, oregano, and a touch of chili powder create a flavorful base that's both nourishing and satisfying. This recipe is a testament to the idea that you don't need a long list of complicated ingredients to create a delicious and comforting meal. And with a generous serving of over 18 grams of protein and a variety of nutrient-rich vegetables, it’s an ideal choice for those committed to their New Year resolutions.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 large carrot (or 12 baby carrots), peeled and diced
1 jalapeño, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
4 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
4 oz diced green chilis
1 cup frozen corn
4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Juice from half a lime
Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, crumbled cotija cheese, sour cream
- Dice onion, celery, carrots, and jalapeño. Mince garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, and jalapeño. Cook for about 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and salt. Stir for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add black beans, green chilis, corn, vegetable broth, and cilantro. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until the texture is about half creamy and half chunky. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer 2-3 cups of soup to a regular blender, blend until smooth, and stir back into the pot.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Pour into bowls, top with desired garnishes, and serve.
Let's talk about the perfect pairing for this recipe – Quebracho's frozen empanadas. These savory handheld pockets are a game-changer when it comes to convenient and quick meals. And as if the simplicity of these two items wasn’t enough, they also lend themselves beautifully to meal prepping. Get a few extra bags of empanadas at your local retailer, prepare a larger batch of soup, portion it into containers, and voilà – you have easy, go-to meals for the week.
For a vegetarian meal, pair our spinach and cheese option, or try our beef or chicken options for savory meat alternatives. The contrasting texture between the empanadas and the soup creates a well-rounded, delightful meal that is both wholesome and flavorful.
Visit our store locator to see where to find our empanadas and get ready to embrace the joy of a cozy winter night filled with the aroma of delicious, homemade goodness. Top of Form
Bottom of Form