A Feast for the Senses
The holidays are synonymous with warmth, laughter, and, of course, delectable feasts. As we enter into this season of joy and gratitude, why not infuse a touch of innovation into your cooking? In this post, we'll explore a twist on classic holiday flavors with a recipe for roasted sweet potatoes with cranberry and pecan gremolata, and we'll also discover why Quebracho Empanadas are the ultimate entertaining dish for any festive gathering. Let’s get cooking!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry and Pecan Gremolata
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into ½ inch cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
Cranberry Pecan Gremolata
½ cup pecans, roasted and chopped (see notes on roasted pecans)
½ cup dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
⅔ cup cilantro, chopped
Zest from one large orange (about ¼ cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp white vinegar
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop sweet potatoes into ½ inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out sweet potatoes on a pan and roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, chop pecans, cranberries, and cilantro. Zest orange. Mince garlic.
- Combine all gremolata ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle gremolata over roasted sweet potatoes and serve.
- Roasted Pecans: This recipe used store-bought roasted, unsalted pecans. If those are not available at your local store, you can easily make them yourself. Before roasting the sweet potatoes, preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Spread raw pecans evenly on a baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, or until the pecans are fragrant and slightly browned. Allow the pecans to cool before chopping.
Quebracho Empanadas - The Perfect Entertaining Dish
No holiday gathering is complete without the addition of Quebracho Empanadas or, as we humbly like to describe them, those delicious hand-held pies that can transform your table into a culinary adventure. These savory delights are not only convenient and quick to make but also cater to a variety of tastes. Whether you choose our savory beef, zesty chicken with lemon and herbs, or cheesy vegetables flavors, they are sure to be a hit at any festive event.
This holiday season, elevate your culinary experience with two delightful options: a sweet potato dish that packs everything we love about winter cooking in the Midwest, and heritage-inspired recipes from Argentina’s heartland. Your holiday table will be a testament to the art of festive and flavorful cooking. Embrace the joy of entertaining and the warmth of good food with these unforgettable dishes. Happy Holidays!